Thursday, March 8, 2012

Big Boy Bed!

On leap day, James got a big boy bed.  We ordered it from Amazon.com.  It's a toddler bed, so the mattress is the same size as the crib, but it's lower to the ground and he can get out of it himself.  His crib will convert into a toddler bed, but we didn't want to buy another crib for baby sister.  I took the crib apart and put the new bed together myself, at 8 months pregnant by the way.  James helped.  He put the screws in the holes for me.  Not always the right screw in the right hole, but we got it figured out.  As soon as I got the mattress on it he laid down on it and started kicking his feet saying "I like a new bed! I like a new bed!"  Then I got the sheet on it and he laid down with his night-night, told me to turn off the light, and started pretending to snore.  Too cute.  That night he was so excited to get in his new bed until he realized he had to stay there.  He got up about 4-5 times before going to sleep.  Not bad for the first night, I think.  Tonight he didn't get up once.  He occasionally wakes up very early in the morning and comes to my bed.  But it's better than him screaming until I go get him.  And the morning is much better because he can get up when he wants and doesn't have to wake us up first.  Usually he comes to the side of my bed and says "Mommy, get up!"  Today I woke up at 7:something to tiny fingers tickling my neck.  He refused to leave me alone until I got up.  I tried to get him to leave me alone and pester his father, but he said "Daddy's sleeping."  I have taught him to respect his father's sleep, but not mine.  Probably because I'm not usually sleeping while he's awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment