Monday, September 27, 2010

And more doctors

 James got bit by Gidget the rabbit this morning.  Matt wasn't up yet.  James had eaten and was playing on the floor near her cage and I was online.  I heard him cry out and looked over to see her licking his finger.  I picked him up and started comforting him before I realized it was bleeding.  I yelled for Matt and put it under the water.  We couldn't get it to stop bleeding, so we called the doctor and went to the ER.  They didn't do much except get it to stop bleeding, which was my main concern anyway.  Doc said they don't stitch animal bites to keep from sealing any bacteria inside.  They want it to stay dry so that it can heal up.  James was a trooper through the whole thing.  He is a tough cookie.  Poor little guy.  Once we got back home, he's been playing and crawling around just like normal.  He may be favoring the hand a little, but he hardly seems to notice it.  I looked over at him right after we got home and he was banging his bandaged hand against one of his toys.  It must not hurt that bad.  We'll keep a close eye on him and it should heal up quickly.  And the rabbit is moving.  Either to a stew pot or a cage on the front porch.  I'll let you know tomorrow how dinner is tonight.  He's on an antibiotic from his ear infection last week, so that should keep any infection out of his finger. 

We are all set for surgery on Friday.  Don't know what time yet, but we'll keep everyone posted.  Time for James' supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment